Friday 1 July 2011

Additional Reading for Week 3

Recommended reading from cpd23 page
I feel I should go through all these and review them at some point, but here's what I've done so far...
Well, this had made be think a little - how do my ramblings on this blog look to others in the outside world?  Do they portray a negative image?  It is positive that I am taking this course, but I have been very honest so far... should I think more about the future and how long this blog will stay for and if I am happy for these posts and comments to remain, and what they say about me? Interesting, especially this sentence "Have a genuine all-accessible identity online that you’re cool with grandma and your boss reading. Don’t make it uber drab, but do provide context for who you are, what you do, what you’re passionate about, etc. Think of it as a digital body and dress it up as if it were going into a job interview." - Yes, I should remember this for future blog posts... Again, interesting.  I think I need to ponder on this point:  "Ignore the Internet and lose the opportunity to manage other peoples’ impressions of you. " If I want to be clear about how I portray myself to others online, then I need to take charge and control my web presence, rather than just ignore it! 

And also this: "Write sloppily – Writing is a critical skill. This is especially so in communications, but true in any field. Be honest with yourself – if your writing isn’t up to scratch, take steps to correct that" - just because this is a blog does not mean I should just type anything, but take the time to think and write succinct, decent, grammatically correct posts - another note to self!

1 comment:

  1. Having thought about this for just a few moments more, realised that if my profile page does come up first in a google search for hannah young library, then I need to put more of my work interests on there, link to project websites, show more of the work that I do to the outside world...

    ReplyDelete